Thursday 13 June 2013

Tau ionhead reporting in

Preface:

Progress has slowed down a bit. Namely, I have nothing left to paint. Oh well. I've finished my riptide at this stage, and I'm starting a box of kroot. I don't really like kroot, they seem complicated. Never a good thing for an infantry boxed squad that costs a grand total of 96~112 points. (have you thought about that, by the way? Kroot have terrible price-per-point.) Anyway, this is an ionhead with SMS. Possibly one of the best anti-troop weapons out there (save for the almighty heldrake), ionheads can put the hurt on light vehicles and heavy infantry. I just wish they could nova charge, too.

The model

I actually originally painted my hammerhead to be a grey colour scheme. I dumped it when I moved to my current green. However, I never stripped my hammerhead. In the end, I kept it grey and simply painted in the red for the grooves. The result is rather appealing, if I do say so myself.

Of course, the grey is actually camoflauge. I did that using masking tape. 
The hammerhead's main gun is an ion cannon. because this was originally a rail gun, the ion cannon wasn't painted grey. I decided it'd be the unique part and be green, tying it into the rest of my army.

Oh, the gun is also on the turret backwards. Don't hate it 'cause it's beautiful. 



Hey, How're you enjoying my thoughts? Well, let me tell you: If you've got any questions, be sure to leave a comment below. Alternatively, you can contact me as Scipio Africanus (with a space) on Dakkadakka, or under diaord@hotmail.com. I will do my best to respond to comments and questions as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF you have any questions you'd like to ask, be sure to post them below. If your question is one you'd like to keep private, be sure to e-mail me at diaord@hotmail.com or send a PM to Scipio Africanus.

I do appreciate comments and viewership is important to me. I will endeavour to interact with users if they seek me out.